Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rough weekend.... time to build a rod or 2


Well, I've started on bulding the fly rods this past weekend, mainly because I only have one day off before Christmas Eve, the due date for custom fly rod#3 to come off the bench. I appologize for not having pictures of the rod construction of fly rod#3 up but I do have a photo of the finished grip and reel seat. Also I have custom fly rod#4 started, the cork fighting butt end has been epoxied in place and the cork rings are glued together, ready for turning in the lathe or drill press, along with the fighting butt. I think fly rod#4 will go on the shelf for a couple days while I get fly rod #3 finished.
As for outdoors events,deer hunting with a shotgun season ended this past weekend, and muzzleloading / primitive arms deer hunting season started today in MA. Fishing on the Swift was cancelled due to scheduling conflicts and a real nasty ice storm this past week.
Oh well, it was a good weekend to stay indoors as long as you had the essentials, water, heat, power for the fridge and lights.

No comments: