Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Moffitt Angling System... Will it work?

I received a package today from China.... I ordered the Promo-18 fly package from Moffitt Angling (http://www.moffittangling.com/) last week and it arrived yesterday but because they require a signature on International Deliveries, I had to go to the Post Office and sign for it.


So here's what I got....



18 Hookless flies tied on Rubber Loops
5 Threaders with Foam Floats on one end
10 Circle Hooks
1 Hook Removal Tool
and the instructions in a plastic case.

Will it work? It should, but I won't know until later.

A couple of questions came up though....

Seeing the hook catches the mouth on the outside instead of the inside, is it considered snagging? even though the hook is in the outside of the lip?

If you attach multiple of these hookless flies on your leader but have only one hook, is it considered 1 fly or multiple flies?

I didn't get any answers from Moffitt Angling, but I did send them an e-mail stating that on their site it did not say anything about having to sign for the package or the fact that it would be coming from China.

The patterns look easy to tie, and I'm working on a vise system to try and tie some of these flies myself.

Now with that said, if it is considered snagging, and I don't want to do anything harmful like that, then I could just tie on one of the flies on the end of my leader, and go "rolling" (more on that later)

No comments: