Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And the next generation truck camper goes back 54 years

I've been looking into building a new camper for fishing trips around the countryside, someplace to keep dry, sleep, and eat on occasion. Unfortunately the cost of a new camper that will be obsolete in 10 years is way more than I am willing to spend. Also I plan on trying to keep this for at least the next 40 years, at which time I'll be in my late 70's. So I referred back to some books I received from my grandfather's bookshelves years ago.

And inside I found the following article... House Trailer

Above is the framework and drawing of what the structure is made of.
Below is what the frame work is made of and how to load it era 1955.
Last is the sheathing and suggested layouts, along with sealing the roof and other tips.

Hopefully I'll get this going within the next few months... around my fishing schedule.

No comments: