Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rod Building Guides and Spacing





So now I have the grip on and started on the guides.



I used a couple computer programs and finally ended up with the guides placed where they needed to be, especially when I flex the rod. To accomlish this I used a white china marker and ran it up and down the inside spine of the blank, then measured from the tip the recommended spacing and marked the blank with the china marker. The marks can be seen on the right and a finished wrapped guide on the left of this picture.



And an overall view of the tip, 1 guide, and the remaining marks for the other guides.




With that, now I am going to see about getting one of these.....


Joff's Backyard Bar-B-Que in Bellingham,MA. A delicious Stacked Burger, Chili Cheese Fries, and a tall Root Beer. Enough to keep you full for the day if not longer.

No comments: