Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Construction has commenced....

I've been busy the last month, did a trip to Salem Ma to the Witch Museum, the Haunted Trolly Ride, and House of Seven Gables. Definately a good rest and relaxation trip. Throw in a new co-worker and two days off a week in a row, I'm actually able to work on the new truck camper project.

After getting all this literature and books about RV construction, I broke down and bought the Glen L Acapulco Plans.

After spending several weeks reading, measuring, checking, rechecking, and budgeting, I finally bought some lumber and started construction.

First thing is that you need to lots of 2x2s which are actually dimensionally 1 1/2" by 1 1/2"

So a trip to Home Depot produced a 2x14-16' for just under $17.00

Then after cutting it in half, the ripping commenced. Recommendation... Do not rely on a battery operated saw to rip 2x stock. I can get only 14 feet of rip before the battery goes dead.

But the plate vise I used to hold the lumber (capacity is 2x6) worked well.

Here's a pic.


No comments: