Monday, March 8, 2010

It's March, been a fun few months....

First, I finally got back to blogging. I've been busy the last couple of months, and things keep getting tossed and turned everytime I turn around.

January we did a trip to the fly fishing show, the kids got to tie some wooly worms and collect more brochures. Then in February I got my tax return back, bought a new amateur radio transceiver that's more portable than the ones I use now. I also received a new phone, the My Touch Fender Edition from T-mobile as an early Valentine's Day gift from my girlfriend, then tackled the Springfield RV Show at the Big E with a full entourage (myself, my father, my girlfriend, and my daughters) We walked all 3 buildings, looked at several dozen trailers and various motorhomes, collected several brochures, and afterwards tried to go to Olive Garden in manchester CT but due to a long wait due to being Valentines Day, had to go to Hooters for dinner. Other than being a Sports Bar, my girlfriend's "I'm going to kill you" stares, and the over driven sound system with the Daytona 500 on several big screens, the burgers were good, and the price wasn't much more than going to Olive Garden for dinner.

Then the following weekend I took Saturday the 20th off, did a road trip with my father which encompassed the following itinerary:

Breakfast at Annie's Country Kitchen in Sturbridge MA
Sportsman Show in Springfield MA at the Big E Fairgrounds
Cabelas to shop for a new fly reel for my father's saltwater fly rod
Stop at All RV to pay for my new travel trailer (KZ Sportsman Classic 19BH)
Then Mohegan Sun to have the buffet, play the slots, and buy some Krispy Kreme Donuts.

Then Sunday the 21st, my father met up with my girlfriend, her daughter, and myself for a trip to Ikea in Stoughton MA. Had lunch, bought a bedroom set for the girlfriend's daughter, and a new couch for the living room.

Now it's March, got the trailer registered, in the process of selling the truck camper, and getting a couple rods ready for fishing season.

More to come with pictures as soon as I get the bugs out of the new camera, computer and tethering system.

No comments: